Thursday, June 16, 2016

Typewriter Day 2016... and beyond!

Just a reminder to all the folks out there in the Typosphere that June 23 is our quasi-official celebration of International Typewriter Day. I feel like there's a lot more going on this year than in years past. I see lots of events, type-ins, and all kinds of impromptu communities forming around this magical machine, many posted here.

How are you planning to celebrate this year? For 2015, I hauled my trusty plastic SCM Corsair over to the local community college and played dodge-em with the leafblower brigade as I bashed out a chunk of typographic doggerel.

I'm aiming for something more peaceful and scenic this year:

View from the top

With all the recent type-ins and gatherings, maybe we need to extend the scope a bit. International Typewriter Week, anyone? Me and the Corsair are up for it.

1 comment:

Richard P said...

I just heard that Oblation Papers in Portland, OR will celebrate on June 25 with a type in 1-4 pm.

Popular Posts

Blog Archive